- ‧Nationals of the Kingdom of Thailand (effective from August 1, 2016, to July 31, 2018), except those holding diplomatic or official/service passports, are eligible for the visa exemption program, with a duration of stay of up to 30 days.
- ‧Nationals of Brunei (effective from August 1, 2016, to July 31, 2018), except those holding diplomatic or official/service passports, are eligible for the visa exemption program, with a duration of stay of up to 30 days. In addition, effective from December 1, 2016, to July 31, 2018, those holding a Brunei Certificate of Identity are eligible for the visa exemption program, with duration of stay of up to 30 days.
The ROC Ministry of Foreign Affairs recently updated the online application eligibility and procedures of ROC Travel Authorization Certificate for nationals of Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, the Philippines and Vietnam.
Nationals of Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, the Philippines, and Vietnam can apply online for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate. Nationals of these countries intending to submit an online application for such a certificate should carefully read the following before proceeding to the next page.
To be eligible for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate, the following three basic requirements must be met:
- The applicant’s passport must have remaining validity of at least six months starting from the date of arrival in Taiwan.
- The applicant must possess an onward/return air or boat ticket.
- The applicant has never been employed as a blue-collar worker in Taiwan.
In addition to the aforementioned basic requirements, one of the following requirements must also be met:
- The applicant possesses at least one of the following documents issued by Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, any of the Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, or the United States:
√Valid resident or permanent resident card or status
√Valid entry visa (electronic visa must be printed out)
√Resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan
- The applicant possesses an entry visa or resident card issued by the ROC at any point in the past 10 years and has no record of immigration irregularities or law violations in Taiwan. However, holders of ROC entry visas bearing the remark FL (i.e., foreign laborer) or X (i.e., others), as well as holders of ROC resident cards with stated purpose of residence being foreign laborer, are not eligible for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate.
- An approved ROC Travel Authorization Certificate (Applicable to citizens of India, Vietnam, the Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos) is valid for 30 days. Multiple entries within these time period are allowed. The holder of an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate may stay in Taiwan for 30 days, starting from the day after arrival. If the holder wishes to apply for another ROC Travel Authorization Certificate, he or she must do so seven days prior to the expiry of the current certificate.
- Online applications can only be made by persons holding valid regular passports. Persons holding temporary, emergency, or informal passports, or travel documents other than a passport, cannot submit online applications.
- The visas in the aforementioned list of required documents do not include work permits.
- Holders of aforementioned visas bearing such stamps as VOID, CANCELLED, or CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE are not eligible for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate.
- With regards to resident cards or visas that have expired less than 10 years ago, this means that the time between the expiry date of the resident card or visa and the date of arrival in Taiwan may NOT be longer than 10 years. If no expiry date or validity period is given on the resident card or visa, the 10-year period refers to the time between the resident card or visa’s issuing date and the date of arrival in Taiwan.
- Once the application has been approved, the applicant should print out the ROC Travel Authorization Certificate. The applicant must present the certificate and the required documents for inspection when entering Taiwan. Entry will be denied if the required documents are not produced.
- Nationals of Indonesia who possess a valid Japan Visa Waiver Registration are eligible for an ROC Travel Authorization Certificate.
Online Application for R.O.C. (Taiwan) Travel Authorization Certificate (Applicable to citizens of India, Vietnam, the Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos) website: https://niaspeedy.immigration.gov.tw/nia_southeast/